Job Id OEJ0000001425
in Kurdistan Iraq
Posted on: 12th
||Engineering - Instrumentation
||Permanent - Rotational
A leading international oil and gas company is currently in need of an INSTRUMENT SUPERVISOR for their Iraq Operations. This job is on a 30/28 days rotation.
Responsible to Maintenance Supervisor for the planning, review, creation and execution of all Instrument related maintenance activities on the refinery's installations in accordance with both local and industry standards. Lead the troubleshooting and fault finding on instrument equipment/systems. Authorized as performing under Permit to work system. Develops Instrument maintenance procedures, job plans and work instructions.
- Directs all Instrument maintenance activities at the LPG recovery plant.
- Understand technical Governmental and Company rules, regulations and procedures.
- Understand the plant's maintenance strategy and philosophy and participates in the development/implementation of condition monitoring procedures/routines.
- Supervises application for work permits and understands and implements the permit conditions prior to commencement of work.
- Develops risk assessments, leads safety and toolbox meetings.
- Acts as a team-player in the multifunctional operations and maintenance team.
- Promotes HSE culture.
- Utilize troubleshooting skills to solve Instrument and related problems both independently and in liaison with other departments.
- Supervises third party inspections, where applicable.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of instrument equipment.
- Lead the development and implementation of procedures and work instructions for the completion of Instrument related tasks.
- Checks the functionality of equipment and measuring instruments.
- Conversant with CMMS including preparation of material requisition and work order management and materials and warehousing.
- Communicates with vendors and supply chain for technical support.
- Assists in recruiting, mentoring, training, and appraising local national maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards in order to meet expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaises closely with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, MOC development and cost control.
- Ensures that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system, providing all necessary reports.
- Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor –on all issues relating to Instrument Department.
- Identify/suggest ideas to improve performance within Instrument department.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all staff.
- Supports on job training programs to enhance essential competencies and behaviours of Local National personnel to allow development.
Minimum Educational Qualifications Required:
- Diploma in Instrumentation & Electrical
Minimum Professional Experience Required:
- At least 12 years’ experience in the oil & gas and/or related industries, specifically in an LPG environment
- At least 5 years of which will be at a Supervisroy level.
- Candidate should possess experience in process control and PLCs as it relates to oil and gas industry.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only those candidates with experience in TRAINING, COACHING, and MENTORING LOCAL NATIONALS will be contacted for further screening.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.