Job Id OEJ0000001429
in Kurdistan Iraq
Posted on: 14th
||Operations (Other) - Production
||Permanent - Rotational
A leading international oil and gas company is currently in need of an OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT for their Iraq Operations. This job is on a 30/28 days rotation.
Ensures a safe, cost effective, environmentally compliant and effective operational performance and integrity of the installation, its facilities and personnel in order to deliver hydrocarbon exports in accordance with statutory and company standards and requirements Responsible for the integrity of the facility and the operational activity of the specific area in terms of manpower planning and scheduling and ensuring that the plant problems are resolved to enable uninterrupted operations. Reports to the Plant Manager.
Facility Management & Policy Compliance
- Leads the establishment of common processes within the BMS and promotion of the BMS within the team.
- Manages and enforces the HSEQ policies and PTW system, requirements and precautions for the facility.
- Adjusts and optimizes the balancing of the process in order to achieve and improve production targets with minimal environmental impact within the published management and HSEQ policies and guidelines.
- Monitors and audits the relevant production records, registers and log books and generate the required reports for management.
- Ensures that all facilities are maintained to the required standard in coordination with the maintenance team based on long and short term plans.
Health, Safety and the Environment
- Enforces HSEQ policies and PTW system, requirements and precautions within the Operations Team.
- Assists in the planning, coordination and execution of shutdown programmes and the implementation of safety procedures and practices.
- Provides routine information reports and security assessments to agreed and directed schedule.
- Supervises and directs both expatriate and local operations staff within the department as directed by Plant Manager.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as requested or relevant on the current operations activities.
Functional Leadership Management
- Ensures the effective achievement of Operations department functional objectives through the leadership and supervision of staff – setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximise subordinates and departmental performance.
- Builds a strong team in order to ensure versatility and adequate succession cover. Ensure the Operations team has appropriate skills and resources including personnel, process and tools to meet the business objectives.
- Manages all staff under authority professionally, fairly and reasonably in line with Company HR policies and protocol towards agreed objectives.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Plant Manager on all issues relating to the management and processes of the Operations department.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all staff.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ Level 3) or a higher diploma.
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum of 10 + years of production operations experience, with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience within the Oil & Gas industry.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only candidates with relevant Operational and Production experience in LPG or Gas Plant environment will be considered.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.