Job Id OEJ0000001528
in Doha Qatar
Posted on: 07th
||10 - 15 Years
||Engineering - Cost Engineering
A multinational project management company is currently looking for a COST ENGINEER for their operations in Qatar.
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager the Cost Engineer will be required to support the Project Controls Team in the following functions: Cost Control, Change Control, Trends Management, Risk and Issue Management, Estimating, Contract Administration, and Reporting.
- Develop project cost plans.
- Report plan vs. actual and forecasts costs and identify and explain variances.
- Input into the Change process. Identify corrective action plans and manage their implementation.
- Develop cash flows
- Communicate with the project team to resolve any cost issues.
- Undertake the Cost input to all proposals.
- Liaise with the project planner to enable the project schedule to be cost loaded.
- Assist in estimate preparation if required
- Assist in valuation of contractor claims.
- Provide cost data input to monthly Project report.
- To assist in the preparation of Change Control procedures, and subsequent implementation.
- To assist in the keeping of records for change control and trends and the maintenance of the trend / change log
- Attend internal review meetings as and when required
- Presentation of cost reports/issues at Management meetings.
- Ensure that, as well as providing the above input to the Project Controls Managers monthly report, the Cost Engineer will provide an analysis of the project status covering completion of the project and project milestones, critical activities, lateness and recommended corrective actions.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Broad and proven experience in Transportation infrastructure / Rail / Tunnels projects.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing costing functions, in the field and the office.
- Demonstrate broad experience in project cost control for multi-discipline projects
- Implements, maintains, and controls project delivery procedures in a fully integrated and seamless manner.
- Knowledge and implementation of Forecasting techniques
- Demonstrable experience in Cost Engineering or Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying
- Provide a comprehensive cost engineering service for Project Services Function
- Assist with the management the monthly and ad-hoc cost reporting requirements for the Project Services Function
- Change Control procedures and management
- Managing Financial Performance
- Planning and controlling work
- Applying company policies and procedures
- Managing and retrieving information
- Producing and presenting information to high standards
- Reporting requirements
- Project Control Procedures
Qualifications and Skills:
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6,Microsoft Word, Excel (advance level), PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficiency with cost management specific software applications.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience.
- Engineering university degree or similar.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FIT THE JOB REQUIREMENTS SHALL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.