Job Id OEJ0000001604
in Lusail Qatar
Modified Date: 23rd
||Minimum 15 years HVAC / District Cooling
||Engineering - CAD/ CAM
- Bachelor of Technology / Engineering
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MATCH THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Design Manager - District Cooling
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Concept and detailed design of District Cooling underground networks, plants and energy transfer stations.
- Leads, manages and coordinates all activities independently of design process, including attending meetings with clients and all stakeholders.
- Guide, lead and coordinate the works of Senior Engineers, Engineers, CAD designers etc.
- Prepare and follow up desing program / Project schedule.
- Review design reports, design drawings, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, hydraulic and stress analysis models - all related dsitrict cooling plants, network and energy transfer stations.
- Preparation of design reports, technical specifications and updating of technical specifications from time to time.
- Estimation cooling demand, preparing concept design, presentation, scope of work etc. for new District Cooling projects and support to Business Development.
- Preparation / updatin of Scope of Work, BoQ, specifications for RFP related to plants, network and energy transfer stations.
- Lead the review of technical proposals from EPC contractors, manufacturers/suppliers and preparation of evaluation reports for all procurement related to plants, network and energy transfer stations.
- Lead the updationg of hydraulic model of network piping from time to time and review requests of change of load and various scenarios.
- Solve design related issues/clashes in co-ordination with other parties involved.
- Provide technical support for district cooling network testing and commissioning, tie-in with different network package interface and DC plants.
- Ability to independently create, review and approve Testing and Commissioning Plan, Procedures, Method Statements, Data Sheets, Testing Criteria, and Testing and Commissioning Reports.
- Validate testing and commissioning results for district cooling discipline and prepare and review testing and commissioning guidelines for contractors and developers.
- Follow up of ongoing & pending/due submittals, be knowledgable to review sub-ordinates review comments, highlight differences & deficiencies.
- Prepare progress reports, quality reports in coordination with team and follow up.
- Interact and communicate with clients, external and internal consultants, all internal team members and contractors to ensure smooth operation.
- Arrange and attend all design, progress and coordination meetings with clients, consultants, contractor and other stake holders.
- Site inspections when necessary, related to design, testing and commissioning along with team members to ensure work are carried in accordance to the requirements.
- Provide feedback to Engineering Manager related to design and other work related issues.
- Provide ideas & suggestion for organizational development & team growth.
- Ensuring that Functional Objectives are established in line with the strategic Business plans of the Department
- Ensuring that the established objectives are met.
- Monitoring the performance of all processes and personnel of the department.
- Meeting departmental performance targets, monitor and report on the same.
- Ensuring profitability of the department.
- Accountable for the effectiveness of established Management System in the Department.
- Ensuring integration of established Management System requirements into Business process.
- Ensuring that the integrated management system is maintained properly within the department.
- Promoting Management systems awareness. Risk based thinking with Department.
- To document any customer complaints and take actions to ensure that they are effectively closed as per Customer Complaint Handling process.
- Awareness of Functional Objective, QHSE Policy, benefits of following the established Management system as well and implication if not complying with the requirements.
- Awareness of the Significant Environmental Aspects and work related Occupational Hazards.
- Incident Reporting to HSE team in case of any incidents.
- Engaging and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness and improvement of the Management systems.
- Meet schedules of design and other deliverables.
- Lead and guide the team
- Coordinate with client, other stakeholders and internal teams within office.
- Technical support for testing and commissioning, projects, operations & maintenance, construction supervision, finance/commercial teams.
Knowledge Skills / Experience
- Familiar with authority regulations in Qatar.
- Good command over English language both oral and written.
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead, guide and coordinate others.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office / AutoCAD
- Hydraulic modelling knowledge in NetSim software will be an added advantage
Educational Qualifications & Experience
- A degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in design of HVAC/District Cooling fields, out of which minimum 8 years' design experience in GCC with major district cooling company / infrastructure designer / EPC contractor for district cooling plant construction.
- MMUP, Qatar approved Engineer status will be added advantage.
- Membership of ASHRAE, CIBSE, IDEA etc. will be added advantage.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.