Job Id OEJ0000001605
in Doha Qatar
Modified Date: 25th
||Minimum 15 years
||Commercial/ Financial/ Legal - Legal
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
ONLY SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Reporting to: CEO
- Provide sound professional legal advice, clarifications and legal opinions to the organization on relevant aspects concerning the business of Client so as to ensure that all legal provisions are adhered to and the Client and Parent Group are protected from adverse legal consequences.
- Promptly attend to, diagnose, and lead in the problem solving of various legal issues pertaining to Client in order to ensure that their legal status is compliant with local laws and regulations.
- Lead the institution of litigation/arbitration proceedings where necessary and monitor the proceedings so as to ensure efficient follow-up of cases in the court/arbitration, in cooperation with external counsel, the General Counsel - Local and other senior Legal Department colleagues, develop strategies to optimize Client's positions and prospects for successful outcomes.
- Continuous monitoring of various legal issues pertaining to Client to ensure that its legal status is and remains compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare contracts with third parties so as to safeguard Client's legal position. Draft contracts using standardized formats as far as possible as well as best practices.
- Stay abreast of applicable local and international laws and regulations and monitor changes so as to support the provision of sound legal advice to management and ensure timely implementation of changes required to remain in full compliance with laws and regulations.
- Make proposals for and participate in the definition and development of new legal processes, systems and procedures to improve efficiency in documentation consistent with best practice, with particular emphasis on the development of standard legal documents and templates.
- Oversee the relationship with external law firms, including provision of up-to-date engagement letters, fee information and conflicts information. Obtain required documentation to ensure timely processing and payment of law firm invoices.
- Attend regular internal meetings with legal experts, legal researchers, and (occasionally) external parties regarding issues pertaining to legal affairs such as legislation, contracts and revisions to maximize perspective and input into legal decisions affecting Client.
- Oversee the preparation of minutes of meetings and resolutions for the boards and general meetings of Client and ensure that each entity’s corporate documents are legally compliant and up-to-date.
- Archive relevant documents in the appropriate places and maintain organized files so as to facilitate future reference.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills / Experience
Minimum 15 years of progressive practice and professional experience in legal affairs and contracts formulation and negotiation, preferably including substantial exposure to Infrastructure projects, Utility projects and Construction (contentious and non-contentious) real estate.
- Professional fluency in English and Arabic is advantage.
- Problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Law
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.