Job Id OEJ0000001664
Superintendent Generation P&U
Modified Date: 10th
Directs, administers and controls all aspects of the assigned P&U section to meet required throughput demands specifications and units/systems stability, to ensure the availability of power, steam and air for sustaining refinery operations and other corporate facilities, consistent with safe operating practices and in accordance with the highest industry standard.
Key Results Area
- Directs and co-ordinates units/ systems operations and personnel, manpower requirements, repair work, service department activities necessary to meet operation requirements at minimum cost consistent with safe operations, and maximum profitability.
- Confers with personnel, visits units, applies knowledge and skill to investigate and initiate methods for examining problems or unusual features, eliminate restrictions and debottleneck operational problems for optimizing and improving unit operation.
- Monitors usage of high value chemicals and other materials used in the unit/system.
- Ensures that equipment is adequately maintained to meet safety and process requirements and is inspected and tested as scheduled.
- Responsible for maintaining conditions, procedures and best operating practices for products to meet required specifications and desired optimum operational parameters.
- Reviews, approves and ensures compliance to Standard Operating Procedures, QA documents and method statements to minimize risk in the workplace and ensure safe operation of the units.
- Conducts incident investigations using root cause analysis to determine areas for continuous improvement.
- Co-ordinates and acts as the focal point for aJl internal and external audits to ensure compliance with all relevant international and industry standards, e.g. DNV OHSAS 1800 I and ISO 14001.
- B.Sc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 12 years' involved in P&U Operations, with at least two years spent as Shift Supervisor and four years as Operations Specialist of the relevant section.
- Must have a detailed knowledge of the units under his control, their inter-relation with other units and facilities, and the theoretical aspects of processes. Requires a good knowledge of Refinery and Company operations directly linked with P&U operations.
- Must be a clear thinker with considerable administrative and organizing ability. Must exercise initiative and have strong leadership qualities.
- Must act decisively in an emergency and take full control of his area of operations.
- Has attained the "Authorized Level" to operate high voltages switchgears in his area.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.