Job Id OEJ0000001672
Cost Engineer - Consultant
in United Arab Emirates
Posted on: 12th
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and report drilling expenditure daily to internal management and our Joint Venture (JV) Partners with the goal of drilling the cost-effective wells.
- Develop and produce cost reports for submission to the drilling team, JV Partners, and management and the corporate office to explain the drilling cost performance
- Verifies invoices, which includes code, contract compliance, checking against commitment, budget levels
- Initiate plans for the Improvement of company systems and procedures for cost control
- Assist the drilling department with the preparation of Authorizations for Expenditure ("AFEs"), particularly as regards developing realistic cost estimates for activity line items within each AFE.
- Operate and maintain detailed systems and written procedures for the control of CAPEX in excess of a certain amount per year that will satisfy the requirements of quality accreditation and periodic audits
- Maintain historical drilling and completion cost/expenditure records and data against which trends may be measured and estimates developed
- Provide any and all necessary support during routine audits of drilling costs by corporate auditors, partners, and statutory auditors.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in Engineering
- Good understanding of drilling accounting with relevant experience.
- Good understanding of drilling equipment and processes
- Solid forecasting and arithmetic skills
- Good understanding of stock, inventory control and management
- Understanding JV accounting
- Fluent in English language
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.