Job Id OEJ0000001674
Posted on: 16th
||Engineering - Planning/ Scheduling
Job Position: Planning Engineer – Plant Maintenance
To support a District or Workshop/Trade Superintendent to achieve the prioritized optimum quantity and quality of all routine planned or crisis work done, safely, by various crafts on a 24/7 basis. Provide planning & scheduling support to the District teams and interface between Services and Refining Division for all planned day-to-day activities and services, utilizing a wide range of maintenance resources which require careful co-ordination.
Key Results Area:
- Supervises the District Planners & Planning Assistants to ensure integrated team work provides an effective planning and scheduling support for the Districts & Workshops.
- Co-ordinates requests for instrumentation maintenance work (assigns mechanical & elect crews if required) to minimize down time & delays and optimize staff utilization.
- Optimize the use of Computerized System, ensuring that work is correctly estimated, approved, planned & scheduled in EMPAC to provide a valid, auditable database.
- Review Project Work requests & engineering turnovers (including minor shutdown work) in order to decide the appropriate resource agency (Zone, Contractor, Field Projects, Services or SD&MM). Routes work orders for scoping and estimating.
- Review work priorities at daily planned or ad-hoc meetings and liaise with owner Departments & Districts particularly to discuss and schedule urgent work.
- On receipt of scoped work, request estimates from project engineers or contractors to ensure all details on cost, resources, materials & equipment are enterd into EMPAC.
- Review estimates from Maintenance Supervisors & contractors to address queries and correct if incomplete or inaccurate. Prepare estimate using standard rates for jobs done under 'day-rate' or 'measured rate' contracts to facilitate effective cost control.
- Prepare work specifications for tendering purposes to ensure contractors understand Company requirements. Raise contract documents stating all work requirements, route via Planning Assistant for logging into EMPAC, Field instruction system and ensure all approved field instructions are routed to the contractor for auctioning to ensure correct, prompt action.
- Monitor costs and commitments by other Sections involving liaison with RED, SD&MM or Project Engineers to co-ordinate and resolve work problems.
- Detailed practical knowledge & experience of machinery obtained through an Engineering Apprenticeship or similar formal training programme.
- A minimum professional qualification of BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least ten years relevant experience in refinery or other related heavy/process industry.
- Good knowledge of the principles, practices & technology associated with the installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment installed in refineries.
- Must have detailed knowledge of craft practice and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of Maintenance and Operating Procedures.
- Experienced in & been actively involved in "troubleshooting" machinery problems.
- Good communication skills-English written & verbal. Able to write detailed technical reports and recommendations.
- Computer skills and familiarity with company IT systems.
- Knowledge of Condition Monitoring techniques and their application.
- Good leadership qualities with supervisory and organizational ability and be able to issue clear, concise instructions.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.