Job Id OEJ0000001675
Supervisor – Valve Shop
Posted on: 16th
||Operations (Other) - Workshop
Job Position: Supervisor – Valve Shop – Plant Maintenance
This function directs and controls a team of technicians & craftsmen performing mechanical work on rotating machinery and/or valves overhauled or serviced in the central workshops. Ensure work is performed safely & in a timely manner with high quality standards.
Key Results Area:
- Directs Staff- Motivates and supports staff, allocates work and performs all workshop administration. Coordinates and interacts with workshop and area planning, other workshop sections and R.E.D. Monitors progress to ensure safe working and compliance to company standards and procedures.
- Training- Responsible for workshop training, development and assessment of new technicians, as well as ongoing development of existing staff. Assigned Mentor for trainees, conducting workshop craft training, report writing, assessment and counseling. Follow up on the trainee's progress during zone training to facilitate effective, quality training. Repair
- History- Creates and develops Q.A. checklists for rotating equipment/ relief and process valves in line with the established relevant standards, reviews and ensures the documentation is filled out correctly. Compiles detailed work order notes in Empac for all rotating machinery or process/ safety valves including initial inspection, remedial work and probable cause of failure to facilitate effective analysis, development of KPis and audit.
- Health & Safety- Implements ongoing safety program, audit and inspection in accordance with management directive. Holds daily toolbox talks and monthly safety meetings. Trains staff & contractors in the safe use of workshop equipment, performs monthly safety checks on all workshop equipment & facilities, all to ensure the well being of staff & equipment.
- Failure Investigations- Participates and interacts with IMI and other departments in rotating equipment or relief/ process valve failure investigations and MOC requirements to ensure mechanical integrity, staff safety & improved reliability/ availability.
- Special Duties- Off-site inspection and technical support to contractors performing overhauls, repair and testing of Bapco rotating equipment, safety and process valves, to ensure that all work complies with company standards and procedures.
- Ensures that all workshop test equipment has traceable calibration records and is functioning correctly to maintain auditable standards.
- Detailed practical knowledge & experience of rotating machinery/relief & process valves, obtained through an Engineering Apprenticeship or similar formal training.
- BSc. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Ten years relevant experience in refinery or other related process industry, with a major process Plant Manufacturer.
- Familiar with international and company engineering standards and procedures.
- Must have an in-depth, detailed knowledge of craft practices and procedures.
- Have detailed knowledge of Maintenance and Operating procedures pertaining to equipment or facilities being overhauled.
- Experienced & actively involved in "troubleshooting" machinery/ valve problems.
- Good communication skills-English written & verbal. Able to write detailed technical reports and recommendations.
- Computer skills and familiarity with company IT systems.
- Knowledge of Condition Monitoring techniques and their application.
- Good leadership qualities with supervisory and organisational ability, able to issue clear, concise instructions.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.