Job Id OEJ0000001676
Engineer-Gas & Steam Turbine
Posted on: 16th
||Engineering - Gas Turbine
Job Position: Engineer – Gas & Steam Turbines P&U – Plant Maintenance
Provide specialist technical services, support and advice to the concerned Departments as per company policy, engineering standards and industry practices on the specification, design selection, installation, operation, trouble-shooting and maintenance of the Gas & Steam Turbines Machinery and its associated skids for ensuring the integrity and reliability of the Gas & Steam Turbines power generation Mechanical equipment.
Key Results Area:
- Provide technical support and supervise all major Gas & Steam Turbine power generation mechanical equipment overhaul, repairs and troubleshooting for ensuring integrity of the equipment enabling continuity of operations.
- Initiate, lead or participate as required, in failure investigations in accordance with the Company investigation procedures to recommend solutions and coordinate corrective action for Gas & Steam power generation mechanical equipment problems through detailed technical reports on all aspects of turbo machines conditions, repair and reliability.
- Prepare work specifications for tendering purposes to ensure contractors understand Company requirements. Raise contract documents as and when required to ensure correct and timely action.
- Work closely with engineering departments during the equipment purchase, review and agree the specification of new turbo machinery projects, additions to plant and replacement of obsolete equipment. Review bids and recommend acceptance.
- Review and approve MOCs, Engineering drawings, PSSR, and related documents, develop work plans and schedules for major Gas & Steam power generation mechanical equipment overhauls and scope of work and prepare maintenance programs for Gas & Steam Turbines power generation mechanical equipment.
- Perform Quality Control function on all turbo machinery repairs carried out in house; ensure compliance with the Company's Maintenance procedures and co-ordinate repairs to all major machinery items sent off-island for repair.
- Act as a single point of contact and work closely with the Original Equipment
- Manufacturers (OEM) Technical Advisor of Gas & Steam Power generation Equipment when they are employed by the Company to perform specialist task and carry out inspection and acceptance tests on all existing machinery equipment and newly installed on -site and occasionally at vendor's premises
- Provide a 24 /7 Emergency Response service with respect to Gas & Steam Turbine power generation Mechanical equipment and participate in the Company's Fire and Major Incident Procedures as relief for Superintendent District B or as directed.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years' experience in an Oil and Gas Industry related to Gas & Steam Turbines power generation equipment, of which 5 years in a senior supervisory capacity.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and technology associated with the operation and maintenance of the complete range of Gas & Steam Turbines power generation equipment.
- Specialised knowledge of vibration analysis techniques and equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of International Standards and related industry best practices.
- Excellent analytical and good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.