Job Id OEJ0000001880
in Dubai United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 16th
||Engineering - Electrical
Proficient and self-motivated Engineer, with good time management skills and strong technical knowledge. Team player but able to work with minimum supervision.
Working closely with the Lead Electrical Engineer and Project Managers, this position will be responsible to assist on electrical scopes of projects. This will include certain E&I design activities, surveys onsite, assisting/ preparing and sending requests for quotation (RFQ) to electrical subcontractors, evaluating bids, sourcing material and tracking work done on projects (either onsite or remotely from the office).
Responsibilities and Duites:
- Participate in surveys or client RFQ evaluations to understand customer and project requirements.
- Carryout electrical detailed design, sizing and calculations, and verify design done by others
- Prepare/ update single-line drawings to meet project specifications (as required).
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure quotations are received promptly and technical requirements are followed.
- Assist in preparing bids/ offers/ quotations and design of solutions under Lead Electrical Engineer supervision.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and ensure that appropriate engineering methods are applied and issued drawings correspond to the client requirements before starting of installation.
- Assist in preparing detailed BOMs and procurement of electrical equipment and components and ensure prompt delivery (as required).
- Monitor project progress to ensure schedule and budget targets are met. Submit required report to the Senior Electrical Engineer.
- Ensure that required technical documentation is prepared after each project.
- Participate in preparation of project summaries upon project completion
- Coordinate the work of electrical subcontractors during installation or advise Project Engineers on electrical work coordination.
- Understand Offshore installation standards and ensure implementation during installation;
- Deployment to offshore projects based on requirements and coordinate installation work, including final sign-off of electrical installation;
- Input to HSE to improve offshore performance.
- The ideal candidate must have engineering degree and a minimum of 7 years’ experience working in Marine Offshore industry, especially with drilling rigs and Offshore Oil & Gas installations.
- Experience with electrical drafting in AutoCAD is required.
Qualification and Knowledge:
- Engineering Diploma or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Good experience and understanding of IEC Offshore Installation Standards and Oil & Gas electrical installation requirements onboard fixed or floating vessels.
- Good knowledge of Classification Society Rules (ABS / DNV) electrical requirements.
- Prior experience on offshore drilling rigs is a must, with project engineering/ installation experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Project Engineer – Effectively manages project engineering and delivery activities by appropriately focusing on critical priorities.
- Data Analysis and Problem Solving – Demonstrates the ability to analyse and understand data and information quickly.
- Collaboration – Works efficiently and inclusively with a range of people, both within and outside of the organization.
- Proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.