Job Id OEJ0000001985
L & D Manager
in Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
Posted on: 05th
||Hr/ Personnel/ Training - Instructor/ Trainer
JOB POSITION: Learning & Development Manager
- Plans, directs, and supervises a wide range of activities related to Learning & Development which cover Training, Career Development, Competency Development, YDP and Professional Career Ladder(PCL), including the development and implementation of all related plans, programs, polices and processes in order to facilitate the realization of company HR strategy and the objectives of ensuring the creation of a skilled workforce which is capable of achieving all business requirements, in light of growing operations, changing technology and the need to meet the strategic Emiratization target.
- To lead and manage the designing and implementation of relevant corporate competency models and assessment framework to support the talent management system to facilitate skill enhancement of the workforce tomaximize their productivity and their value to the organization and support the development of performance driven culture in the organization.
- To provide quality, cost-effective training designed toincrease individual and organizational productivity and enrichment,
- To facilitate for the development of employees’ skills throughproper training,
- To create, promote and foster an organizational environment that values development opportunities for all employees.
- Training (Cont’d) Coordinates and participates incarrying out training and development surveys / studies to identify the Company’s needs to enhance training and development function.
- Monitors, in conjunction with the company and Line Management progress, of sponsored students abroad and trainees in the higher technology colleges to ensure enrolment in proper courses/disciplines.
- Reviews problem cases and advises / recommends solutions to supervisor.
- Evaluates and validates by analyzing course evaluation forms / feedback on training activities in conjunction with Line Managers and participants / trainees and proposes corrective measures to ensure effective learning and development activities.
- Liaises with the company on training and career development issues through participation in relevant joint committees i.e. company's training, career development committees.
- Ensures that all the invoices related to the vendor are entered and processed in the system on time.
- Monitors the system by analyzing the system reports on regular basis. Ensures that training programs of all employees are captured in the system.
- Devises, establishes and monitors the implementation of in house training programs.
- Prepares in house training team by identifying employees across the organization.
- Devises methods to evaluate the effectiveness of the training programs and monitors the same
- Devises innovative in housetraining program as per the needs of the organization.
- Career Development: Reviews, develops and recommends improvements and updates of policies, systems, procedures and practices related to training and career development function to meet Company’s operational requirements and objectives.
- Carries out other related duties such as conducting special duties, reviewing Company’s Management skills training requirements concerning employees and developees and recommends proper programmes.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- B.Sc. Degree in Engineering or equivalent.B.A degree in HR / Talent Management, Business Administration or equivalent is a second alternative.
- Minimum Experience & Knowledge:· 12 years’ experience in the development, implementation and administration of training, career development, competency development & PCL plans, policies and procedures in the oil & gas industry.
- Excellent Communication and Management skill.
- Excellent leadership and teambuilding skills
- Fluent in English and Arabic, bothwritten and spoken.
Competency Assurance Management System:
- Plans and directs development of UAE Nationals in conjunction with Line Management and presents to management for approval.
- Coordinates the preparation of individual development programmes and monitors the progress of developees and their placement in the planned target jobs.
- Manages and leads the development and implementation of YDPs’ training programmes for UAE national employees in line with the Corporate Competency System in order to contribute to the achievement of the strategic corporate Emiratization objectives.
- Manages the design and development of YDP reference materials to ensure comprehensiveness and world-class quality encompassing process and support achievement of programme objectives.
- Manages and providestechnical advice on the designs and implementation of on the job training programmes for each division, while managing the analyses of programme results by revising those accordingly to improve the programmes in line with business requirements continuously.
- Guides the interviews conducted with the UAE national trainees and leads the preparation of individual assessment reports for Management to support decision making and to track the individual CAMS progress.
- Supports the achievement of desired competency assurance levels to effectively meet the business requirements.
- Ensures the availability of competency dictionary covering competencies for all jobs.
- Ensures the competency framework for nationals is implemented and any issues regarding theframework are raised to the company.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.