Job Id OEJ0000001880
Lead Electrical Coordinator
in Dubai United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 09th
||Engineering - Electrical
Proficient and self-motivated engineer, with good time management skills and strong technical knowledge. Team player but able to work with minimum supervision.
Working closely with the Lead Electrical Engineer (LEE) and Project Managers (PMs), the SEC is responsible about all project E&I activities, from tender to final testing and customer handover. This includes but not limited to E&I design activities, preparing BOMs and BOQs, surveys onsite, assisting/ preparing and sending Requests for Quotation (RFQ) to electrical subcontractors, evaluating bids, sourcing materials and tracking work done on projects (either onsite or remotely from the office).
The SEC is also required to participate in internal development activities to create our standard in-house documentations, such as QHSE docs and procedures, installation standards, test procedures, engineering studies and tools … etc.
Responsibilities and Duites:
The following responsibilities and duties to be carried out under the directions of the LEE:
- Participate in surveys and client RFQ evaluations to understand customer and project requirements
- Carryout detailed electrical design, sizing and calculations, and verify design done by others
- Prepare/ update single-line drawings to meet project specifications
- Prepare detailed BOMs, breakdown of installation tools and requirements, and coordinate the procurement of electrical equipment and components and ensure prompt delivery (as required)
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure quotations are received promptly and technical requirements are followed
- Prepare bids/ offers/ quotations and continue following up and supporting the tender team post tender submission as required
- Coordinate with subcontractors through the life span of the project to ensure that appropriate engineering methods are applied and issued drawings correspond to the client requirements before and after the installation work.
- Monitor project progress to ensure schedule and budget targets are met. Submit required report to the PM and LEE
- Ensure that required technical documentation is prepared after each project.
- Participate in preparation of project summaries upon project completion
- Understand Offshore installation standards and ensure implementation during installation
- Deployment to offshore projects based on requirements and coordinate installation work, including final sign-off of electrical installation
- Input to HSE to improve offshore performance
- Develop in-house manuals and procedures, and provide ideas to standardise and improve the overall performance
- Assist in the couching and training of electrical engineer VIE
- The candidate must have engineering degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience working in Marine Offshore industry, especially with drilling rigs and Offshore Oil & Gas installations. Experience with electrical drafting in AutoCAD is required.
Required Qualification and Knowledge:
- Engineering Diploma or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Good experience and understanding of IEC Offshore Installation Standards and Oil & Gas electrical installation requirements onboard fixed or floating vessels.
- Good knowledge of Classification Society Rules (ABS / DNV) electrical requirements.
- Prior experience on offshore drilling rigs is a must, with project engineering/ installation experience.
NOTE: The responsibilities and duties highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Employees are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the position.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.