Job Id OEJ0000002107
in Dubai United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 02nd
||Design - Electrical and Instrument
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with the electrical engineers in charge to understand the scope of work and prepare electrical installation drawings that meets the required quality standards and project specifications. This includes but not limited to Single Line Diagrams (SLDs), block diagrams, cable wiring and termination drawings, layouts .. etc.
- Create concept, and production drawings according to the project and client’s requirement.
- Review rough sketches, redline drawings, and other applicable documents. Demonstrate proactivity in identifying and reporting incorrect or non-compliant items and ensuring all requirements are met and drawings comply with design concepts.
- Active participation in developing standard engineering drawings and document templates
- Undertaking site surveys, both onshore and offshore.
- Meeting the clients, and clearly understanding expectations.
- Evaluation, and further suggestions to the client, whilst on site.
- Taking sufficient detailed, and concise information for accurate drawing and reporting preparation.
- Create detailed follow-up report with analysis, drawings, and information necessary for the client.
- Preparation Material Take-Off lists (BOM’s) for tender evaluations, and ensure scope is in accordance with drawings produced.
- Ensure all relevant standards, and techniques are in line with the framework.
- Assist in updating databases, files of specifications, standards, and drawing tools.
- Delivery of quality 2D and 3D drawings.
- Timely completion of all allocated projects.
- Explain drawings to project team, and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Assisting and guiding junior draftsmen.
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years of experience in the field of electrical design work and preparing electrical installation drawings
Qualification and Knowledge:
- Holds electrical diploma / drafting degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in AutoCAD drafting for electrical installation projects is a must
- A good level of technical knowledge in electrical design and interfaces is required
- Working knowledge of the industry standards (ISO or equivalent) that governs electrical engineering drawings is mandatory. This includes standards and best practices for drawing format, symbols, labeling & designations, referencing …etc.
- It is mandatory to be able to study and understand scope of works and 3rd party drawings to create initial good quality SLDs, power & signal interfaces and termination drawings. To be issued for review by the responsible electrical engineer
- Demonstrates ability to produce quality engineering documentation and takes steps to maintain the quality and efficiency through standardization & development of document templates as applicable
- Experience in conducting installation surveys and collecting required information to prepare concept diagrams during bidding stage and also for installation drawings later on
- Autodesk Inventor (or similar 3D Software)
- Understanding of Engineering, Oil and Gas related technical requirements, and common / best practices.
- Knowledge of steel fabrication (piping and structural) is a plus
- Knowledge of High Pressure piping (5,000psi, 10,000psi, 15,000psi WP) is beneficial
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.