Job Id OEJ0000002109
in Dubai United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 02nd
||Design - Draughting
, Electrical and Instrument
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with the electrical engineers in charge to understand the scope of work and prepare electrical installation drawings that meets the required quality standards and project specifications. This includes but not limited to Single Line Diagrams (SLDs), block diagrams, cable wiring and termination drawings, layouts .. etc.
- Delivery of quality 2D and 3D drawings.
- Ensure timely completion of all allocated projects.
- Review rough sketches, redline drawings, and other applicable documents. Demonstrate proactivity in identifying and reporting incorrect or non-compliant items and ensuring all requirements are met and drawings comply with design concepts.
- Active participation in developing standard engineering drawings and document templates
- Preparation Material Take-Off lists (BOM’s) for tender evaluations and checking to ensure scope is in accordance with drawings produced and vice versa.
- Ensure all relevant standards, and techniques are in line with the framework.
- Assist in updating databases, files of specifications, standards, and drawing tools.
- Explain drawings to production team and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in AutoCAD drafting for electrical installation projects in oil and gas industry. Experience in offshore drilling upgrade projects is a plus
Qualification and Knowledge:
- Holds a drafting degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in AutoCAD drafting for electrical installation projects is a must
- Working knowledge of the industry standards (ISO or equivalent) that governs electrical engineering drawings is mandatory. This includes standards and best practices for drawing format, symbols, labeling & designations, referencing …etc.
- It is mandatory to be able to read and understand scope of works and 3rd party drawings/documents and prepare initial good quality SLDs, power & signal interface and termination drawings, to be issued for review by the responsible electrical engineer
- Autodesk Inventor (or similar 3D Software)
- Understanding of Engineering, Oil and Gas related technical requirements, and common / best practices.
- A good level of technical knowledge in electrical design and interfaces is required
- Knowledge of steel fabrication (piping and structural) is a plus
- Knowledge of High Pressure piping (5,000psi, 10,000psi, 15,000psi WP) is beneficial
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.