Job Id OEJ0000002205
Specialist - Corrosion
in Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
Posted on: 17th
||Engineering - Corrosion
Job Requirement: Specialist - Corrosion & Material Selection
- Conducts high level technical and commercial feasibility studies related to material selection focused on delivering company's business objectives.
- Support new and existing Upstream Oil and gas projects with assistance in the specification, selection,qualification, testing, and failure analysis of processing, and structural materials. Technical review and authorizer in Management of Change (MOC) activities, ensuring that systems arenot compromised by physical, procedural or organizational changes.
- Provides technical advices on material performance, specification and selection consistent with cost optimization and fit- for – purpose strategies. Responsible for any material selection exercise within the company assets to ensure material suitability.
- Review and develop a material selection study related to detailed well design and specifications to select the best combination of materials for the projects in coordination with Drilling, Engineering, Integrity and Operation Teams. Review the corrosion log /corrosion monitoring / inhibition / CP results to ensure that they are accurately reflect the health of the wells.
- Establishes robust inspection processes, procedures, plans and defines the inspection scopes, techniques, intervals which are to be in corporated in the yearly Maintenance Plan. Assures that equipment inspection and testing is carried out in a timely manner and inline with expected quality standards and outputs are accurately recorded in the company’s data base systems.
- Develop technical recommendations and reports to the management and setof corrosion related KPIs to be applied across the business. Also, develop reports to the management showing status of work progress, budget, technologies…etc.
- Participate in the HSE Risk Management Process including Risk Register Management. Also, participate in risk assessments including HAZOPS and Operational Risk Assessments.
- Participates directly and in directly in technical staff development (training, coaching, career development…etc). Similarly, takes part in task force teams and contribute to solving issues related to tubing, casing & downhole equipment.
- Participates and support any joint task force in the company and GCC activities to optimize drilling activities and well cost. Benchmark the comapny's performance with other organizations andprovide recommendations for improvement.
- P articipate in peer reviews, workshops and technical events. Also, provides and share lesson learned, knowledge and best practices from industry sources internally and with the company, Shareholders, and other groups. Keep up to date to industry developments, emerging new technologies and opportunities related to material and corrosion areas to improve equipment performance and initiate improvement programs.
- Minimum Chemical / Mechanical or Materials BSc degree; advanced degree is preferable.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills:
- 15 years of experience in material and corrosion studies related to Oil and Gas with at least 5 years in material selection in oil and gas industry.
- Candidate should have at least 3 publications as a first author and minimum of 5 co-author publications in journals and/or conferences.
- Familiar with downhole tubulars,casing materials, liners and completion equipment.
- Direct experience with materials specifications for demanding environments including corrosive and sour service.
- Familiar with metallurgical processing, mechanical and corrosion testing, quality control, aswell as failure analysis of carbon steel and corrosion resistant alloys.
- Familiar with industry standards, specifications, codes, and documentation for welding, testing,inspection, and specification of materials including NACE, API, ASTM, ISO …etc.
- Business Owner for any Company’s modelling and monitoring analysis software.
- Practical experience with standard test methods for material testing and advice on inspection, maintenance and repair procedures
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.