Job Id OEJ0000002228
Engineer - Control
in Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
Posted on: 22nd
||Engineering - Controls
- Conducts feasibility and optimization studies for small projects, as assigned. Includes:
- Preparing preliminary cost estimates,
- Preparing economic comparisons of alternative schemes,
- Preparing preliminary cost estimates, and
- Assisting consultants, contractors and/or other concerned Company personnel in scoping, defining, and planning such projects.
- Participates in detailed technical evaluation for limited activities, and/or safety audits for assigned plant areas or equipment.
- Prepares conceptual, basic, and detailed control engineering designs and specifications for in house design projects related to modifications, improvements of Control systems and plants.
- Reviews tenders for Control engineering designs and specifications submitted by engineering consultants/contractors.
- Participates in the identification, definition, evaluation and validation of plant modification /upgrading requests involving:
- liaising with concerned parties e.g Field and Terminal Operations Divisions, or other engineering departments,
- Gathering, researching, analyzing relevant data and information, and
- Preparing recommendations with necessary technical back-up, as appropriate.
- Assists in house Draughtsmen in the preparation of necessary drawings.
- Liaises with engineering consultants during basic design phase of assigned projects. This includes:
- Participating the Review of drawings and documents,
- Interfacing with concerned field personnel to facilitate collection of relevant data and other technical documents.
- Carries out technical support duties such as:
- Participating in the preparation of cost estimates for future capital projects for inclusion in the overall capital budget;
- Participating in HAZOP studies for proposed plant modifications; and
- Preparing regular activity/progress reports for assigned projects, etc.
- Participates in the preparation of the department budget as applicable to his discipline.
- Participates in the training and development of assigned UAE national employees. Includes inducting fresh graduates, monitoring and reporting on progress.
- Knows the Company health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility, and ensures that they are effectively implemented in his domain.
- B. Sc. in Electronics Engineering
- 5 years' experience in design and development of capital projects related to Control systems within the oil and gas industry.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.