Job Id OEJ0000002259
Project Controls Manager
Modified Date: 17th
||Engineering - Cost Engineering
Job Position: Project Controls Manager
- Overall management and responsibility for project controls within the project group
- To manage the project control resources required to deliver a multiple million pound cross functional engineering project
- To support the project manager with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement
- Develop the project controls team
- Devise, communicate, implement and maintain a project controls system within the group
- Ensuring the Project controls team produce weekly / monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
- Responsible for the timely collection of data from individual projects, plant and equipment group and other internal stakeholders
- Responsible for meeting deadlines for monthly reporting including cost and schedule s-curves, cost forecasts, schedule updates, dashboard reporting etc
- Support and advise on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects
- Responsible (in conjunction with the Project Manager) for the validation of the approved project budget handed over by the proposals team
- Establishes risk management protocols and procedures, prepares reports required for risk assessment and assesses risk occurrence as it pertains to probability, budget and schedule. Work with Project
- Managers to identify and mitigate risks in a timely manner
- Monitor and control programme compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations
- Identify and implement cost saving measures within the business unit and identify and implement process improvements
- Create, review and manage project schedules to identify progress, lead times and project sequences
- Develop and maintain the project groups master schedule
- Develop and maintain the project groups manpower forecast
- Able to prepare the EOT claim and delay analysis
- Manage complete financial cycle such as vendor purchase orders, client, cost proposals and invoices.
- Contribute to the company targets through the hiring and development into the workforce
- Complete all other tasks as requested by Management.
- Comply with all local and governmental regulations
- B. Eng. Mechanical – Post Graduate Qualifications in Business/Management (preferred)
- 15+ years’ experience in project controls on oil and gas engineering and construction companies
- Experience in working in refinery project and unit rate contract
- Experience in the implementation of Earned Value Management based Project Control systems, in accordance with relevant national standards
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Min 8 years Preferred experience in Gulf.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.