Job Id OEJ0000002278
in Raslaffan Qatar
Posted on: 09th
| Salary: USD 10000 - 14000
||8 -10 Years
||Healthy And Safety - HSE
, Risk Management
Reports to : Chief QHSE Officer
Department : HSE
Location : Ras Laffan
Responsible to achieve excellent health, safety and environmental performance in zero harm manner to people and the environment and in compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations and relevant international standards adopted by the Company.
Strategy Formulation and Implementation:
- Develop and execute the HSE Department strategy and plans as appropriate to the function/business line needs and objectives.
- HSE performance goals:
- Develop and maintain effective HSE performance goals to support top quartile performance within the industry.
- Submit regular reports to the HSE Management committee on the status of the program; analyze trends and make recommendations for improvement.
Emergency Response Plans:
- Ensure the development of effective Emergency Response Plans in liaison with RLIC to ensure adequate compliance to contractual requirements for fire and medical emergency services.
- Provide training, resources and leadership to support internal first response requirements and Incident Command.
- Facilitate and monitor effective emergency drills and exercises to ensure organizational preparedness for an emergency.
- Participate in external planning with adjacent industries and RLIC through the Emergency Response Committee in order to ensure an aligned and unified response.
Risk Assessment, Hazard Assessment and Facilities Protection:
- Direct and administer risk assessments, hazard assessments and HAZOPs to be used in the development of appropriate studies, procedures, work instructions and Safe Work Plans to mitigate risks to the Company’s employees.
- Develop and maintain equipment specifications to be used in identification of appropriate fire and safety equipment to support protection of the business, facilities and personnel.
- Participate in investigation and review of incidents resulting in loss to persons, property or the environment occurring in the Company facilities in order to determine immediate and basic cause and make recommendations to mitigate these causes.
- Maintain and report statistical analyses of all incidents in order to identify patterns and have an archival record.
Environmental Impact Assessments:
- Direct and manage impact assessments; develop and implement best in class practices for chemical handling and identification, spill control, waste management and emissions monitoring in order to protect the natural environment in accordance with RLIC and MOE requirements.
- Maintain effective communication and environmental reporting with MM&E while ensuring alignment with corporate regulation.
- Develop and maintain an environment related Community Project to enhance the community and the image of the Company.
HSE Communication and Awareness:
- Develop and promote HSE communication throughout the business organization in order to promote organizational awareness of HSE issues.
- Coordinate the distribution of HSE systems information within electronic frameworks such as SAP, the corporate intranet and other information management tools.
- Participate in HSE meetings, distribute hazard awareness information, publish circulars and newsletters, conduct HSE promotions, and develop incentive programs to maintain HSE awareness.
- Ensure development and delivery of appropriate HSE training for relevant functions within the business organization in order to ensure all employees are well informed on HSE issues.
- Oversee the delivery of the site orientation for all personnel to increase their awareness of the role that HSE plays in their daily work.
- Ensure establishing and maintaining of a mandatory HSE training matrix for all personnel in order to minimize skill and knowledge gaps.
- Verify that contractor training complies with requirements, record all training and maintain a training database in order to periodically evaluate effectiveness of training programs.
- Direct and administer effective controls throughout the Company facilities in order to safeguard of all Company assets.
Safety Watch Program:
- Establish and maintain an effective Safely Watch Program for critical site work including implementing the contract for manpower supply, provide qualified training and manage schedule.
- Ensure the achievement of functional objectives through effective leadership of the team, setting objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff.
- Ensure that potential vacancies are appropriately occupied by potential Qatari nationals, where possible, so as adhere to stipulated Localization targets.
- Encourage employees to demonstrate key behaviors in order to achieve the set objectives of the Department.
- Ensure the unsatisfactory performances are identified and potential improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Budgeting and Cost Controls:
- Prepare Departments budget using inputs from heads and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues.
- Identify areas of unsatisfactory performance, potential performance improvement opportunities and capitalize upon.
HSE Policies, Standard and Procedures:
- Is responsible for the preparation and implementation of HSE policies, standards and procedures in a way that protects Company’s commercial interest and provide recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Ensure HSE policies, standards and procedure meet the Company audit compliance objectives.
- Maintain, review and update the HSE policies on a regular basis to endure relevance and alignment with
- Overall corporate policy.
- Is responsible for the identification for continuous improvement opportunities of Department’s systems, processed and practices taking into account international best practice, improvement of business processesd, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Annual Safety TRIR target
- Annual environmental index target
- Average target or safety notifications
- Medical surveillance targets
- HSE policies aligns with RLIC and MOE legislation
- The Company is certified by international standards such as OSHA and ISO
- HSE risk have been assessed and risk mitigation measured are in place
- Emergency response plans are in place
- Audit findings are closed and corrective measures are implemented
- All employees are trained as per HSE training matrix
- Customer satisfaction
Define and resolve complex issues where fundamentals principles do not clearly apply or where data appears to conflict. Problems require through analysis often reaching outside the organization. Roles provide innovative solutions. Only general precedence is available to assist in resolving some unforeseen complications. Decisions impact the business segment or corporate department.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal: CEO, Chiefs, Manager, Heads and all other employees when required
- External: Investors, government and Local authorities, service providers and RLIC
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Safety or Environmental Sciences or an equivalent discipline.
- NEBOSH or equivalent certification
- 8 - 10 Years of Experience in HSE in an industrial environment with at least 5 years in a petrochemical company is considered essential.
- Thorough knowledge of international standards for management of Health, Safety, Environment such as OSHA (USA), NFPA, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18000
Job Specific Skills:
- Emergency Response Plans and Incident Investigations
- Risk Assessment
- Health and Safety Systems
- Quality Management Systems
- Business Skills and Understanding
- Operations Systems Knowledge
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Strategic Planning and People Leadership
- Audit and Compliance Principles
- Presentation Skills
- Communication and Time Management Skills
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.