Job Id OEJ0000002289
Sr. Engr. - Rotating Equipment
in Das Island - UAE United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 04th
||Engineering - Rotating Equipment
||Contract - Rotational
- Plans, directs, co-ordinates and supervises all machinery engineering and modification work on a wide variety of rotating machinery modifications in the LNG plant in accordance to the company standards, international standards and best engineering practices.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
- Carries out and co-ordinates engineering and design activities of a wide variety of Plant and equipment in the Process, Utilities and Off-plots areas. Such as pumps, compressors, steam turbines, gas turbines, sealing systems, Machinery auxiliaries, storage facilities pump stations, loading facilities, etc. Ensures that work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and is in conformity with the best engineering practice and with the Company's Standards, Codes and Practices.
- Plans, directs, co-ordinates and supervises machinery engineering activities. Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority at level established by Management.
- Performs engineering review/study for Basic/detailed engineering packages and confidently finalize the technical requirements in Data Sheets and engineering documents. All in accordance to the international standards and best engineering practices in the industry of oil and gas.
- Directs and co-ordinates the field implementation of concerned machinery project activities and minor plant changes. Conducts construction and field erection work management. Coordinates with multidiscipline departments for safety requirement, operating procedures, maintenance support, mechanical repairs, procurement of material, and resources to perform machinery work scope on behalf of Engineering department.
- Supervises the work of the contractors and OEMs during the execution. All activities must be in compliance with best practices and standards including company procedures, company HSEMS, and specifications.
- Prepares master inspection activity plan (IAP) and defines witnessed hold points at OEM facilities, FAT tests, Third party requirements, construction QA/QC plan, and pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and final field performance test and handover to operations for activities related to engineering division.
- Defines machinery two year spare parts, commissioning spare parts, critical spare parts for activities related to engineering division to ensure machinery continuous running without downtime.
- Conducts machinery technical bid evaluation for well-known worldwide machinery manufacturers to perform technical evaluations and final assessments.
- Keeps abreast of changes in all relevant standards and improvements in associated technology, equipment design and engineering practices.
- Carries out other similar or related tasks, such as identifying and supervising contractors during peak workloads, reviewing job techniques, methods, equipment, etc.
- Ensures that the work is integrated with that of the other Departments of the Division and liaises with Operations Division to ensure the provision of adequate service. This includes providing time estimates for work completion and advising the Division of relevant priorities.
- Participate in HAZOP meetings for machinery modifications and new procured plants.
- Provides information and support to Maintenance Department as necessary.
- Carries out technical review at all stages of plant modification and subsequent construction and implementation. Aware of management of change system for any plant modification. Study and implement specialized reports as required, such as recommendations for improvements or modifications to Plant and equipment.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of the Department's annual revenue and capital budgets and controls expenditure, includes the selection of equipment based on sound economic and engineering considerations and the preparation of specifications for quotations and subsequent evaluations.
- This position is essential to the Technical and Operational Integrity processes of AIRMS. Appropriate levels of knowledge and responsibility are expected from the incumbent.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Section / Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, Quality standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and company Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/ instrumentation/ Chemical Engineering.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills:
- 8 years of experience, including at least 5 years of Mechanical/instrument Engineering work experience in Oil and Gas Industries.
Must have an understanding and preferably certification in the following:
- Mechanical Engineering software – from analysis to operations, various mechanical engineering software’s can assist senior MECHANRY ENGINEERS in planning and completing projects
- Project management concepts – a thorough understanding of project management aspects, such as budgeting, cost estimating and scheduling.
- Demonstrates appropriate levels of knowledge and responsibility regarding technical and operational integrity processes of AIRMS.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of technical process requirements and energy management.
- Strong analytical ability with attention to details and knowledge with technical reporting.
- Capable of leading preparation of technical papers on behalf of the company in conferences.
***WORK LEAVE CYCLE: 35/28
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.