Job Id OEJ0000002290
in Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 04th
||Management - Executive
JOB TITLE: Senior Executive - Planning & Market Research
- To support Manager in developing the department strategic plans and in monitoring the division performance through regular reports. Conduct techno economics, commercial analysis and feasibility studies on possible business development, cost volume profit scenarios and enable the department to support the division in taking the necessary commercial decisions.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
Strategic & Marketing Planning
- Providing expert opinion & support in developing short term and long term marketing strategies for the division in alignment with the corporate strategy.
- As subject matter expert, advising & developing the corporate sales budget for the division.
- Conduct studies, economic analysis for forecast on demand, prices of products in different regions as applicable and suggest the best pricing option as part of the annual pricing for the product.
- Analyse the various option for spot sale of the products and advise the best option for revenue maximisation.
Market Research & Intelligence
- On continuous basis gather business intelligence on the sales, marketing strategies related to all products and evaluate the effectiveness, performance of the current strategies, programs and suggest any changes to the manager for revenue maximisation.
- Conduct studies to analyse the customer preferences over a period of time to determine the potential sales of the product and the demand of the customers
- Gather data on consumer, competitor patterns and submit the trends, patterns to the manager for the necessary decision making.
- Utilise the latest research and data gathering methods to get the complex statistical data and then analyse and synthesize into simple graphs and charts for better understanding and decision making on LNG development plans.
Marketing Performance Management:
- As part of Balance score card for the division prepare regular summaries and analysis of the division’s performance, including sales volume, prices and netback achieved and cost of supply, showing performance by customer and long-term contract vs spot and FOB vs DES through corporate monthly reports
- Support the manager in conducting comprehensive commercial and feasibility study for business development in the global markets
- Conduct adhoc studies as required by the company.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Section / Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section/ Department policies, processes, systems, Quality standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and company Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering with preferably a post graduate degree in Business Management.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills:
- 8 years of experience, including at least 6 years in oil/gas industry related to marketing/ research activities in sales, production management and business development.
- Related certifications to Market research & planning would be an advantage but not mandatory
- Strong proficiency in maths, web analytics and business research tools
- Proficient in Microsoft office, data bases and statistical packages
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.