Job Id OEJ0000002297
Corporate Chief Officer
in United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 08th
||Healthy And Safety - HSE
Job Title: Corporate Chief Officer - Oil Spill
- Responsible for coordinating the governance of the Company’s Oil Spill Response assuring high quality of emergency readiness. Provides technical advice, assurance and governance activities relevant to Oil Spill response and preparedness.
- Ensures the development and governs the implementation of the Oil Spill Response Strategy within the Organization.
- Ensures the development and the validation of the Asset oil spill contingency plans (OSCP’s) and Site Specific Protection Plans (SSPPs).
- Act as a lead for the Company on all mutual aid agreements and contractual obligations related to oil spill response.
- Ensures the development of standard specifications and purchase strategy of the oil spill response equipment for all assets.
- Ensures development, review and update of respective Oil Spill Competencies policies, systems, procedures, guidelines and relevant national/international agreements to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Leads and controls the activities of Oil Spill Response Team members across Corporate and Asset teams.
- Provides guidance and advises on emerging technologies and best practices with regards to Oil Spill Response.
- Ensures the development and implementation of the training strategy, Oil Spill Response Training syllabuses, proper equipment, programs, training materials and aids meet the international approved standards.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
- Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement:
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability:
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and Code of Practices Reports
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management
- Directs the review and evaluation of company oil spill contingency plans and procedures.
- Directs the review and adherence of company adjustments.
- Understands company's Health, Safety and Environment Policy, Procedures, Regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility.
- Ensures that work under his control is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Implements specific Safety Management System Programme activities assigned to his team.
- Oversees the development of emergency management strategies in Fields and Assets.
- Develops mitigation strategies and creates scenarios to re-establish operations in the event of an emergency.
- Assists Field / Asset management on emergency planning problems and technical phases of a response.
- Controls participation in exercising of emergency plans and provides advice to stakeholders in matters related to the plans.
- Leads on the requirement for emergency preparedness equipment.
- Directs the audit requirement on the serviceability and availability status of emergency equipment.
- Consolidates the results of any new research on emergency preparedness and prepares reports and recommendations to management.
- Recommend recovery strategies and options, and assist with the implementation of recovery solutions.
- Directs schedules for training / awareness for emergency responders.
- Provide expertise and support to emergency managers, as requested, when an emergency occurs.
- Monitors Emirate / Federal requirements for emergency response / preparedness developments.
- Interfaces with company Crisis Centre as appropriate.Interfaces with ADESCO chairperson as appropriate.
- Assure emergency preparedness best practices are implemented across the company.
- Represent company’s emergency preparedness reputation with regional and international emergency response agencies, co-operations and regulatory bodies.May assign and/or supervise the work of others.
- Performs related work as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in any relevant science/ engineering discipline, preferably covering Crisis and Emergency Management / Disaster Mitigation / Risk Management or Environmental Science.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills:
- 6 years of experience, including experience related to oil spill management or Emergency response.
- IMO Level 2 certification (On Scene Commander)
- IMO Level 3 certification (Oil Spill Management)
- Other accredited oil spill response certification would be an advantage
- 40hour Hazwoper and/or Hazmat Technician
- Advanced First Aid, Sea survival & Firefighter 1
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft windows applications
- Incident Management Training (ICS)
- FRP & TRT Trained
- Effective approach to task delivery
- High presentational delivery capability
- Project management capability
- Complex problem resolution
- Detailed understanding of company operational infrastructure
- Team player Assertive Flexible / Dynamic Confident
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.