Job Id OEJ0000002299
Fracture & Completion Supv.
in Rigs United Arab Emirates
Posted on: 03rd
||Drilling - Completions
Job Title: Fracture & Completion Supervisor
- Lead the collection, evaluation and analyses of well data, selection of candidate wells, reservoirs for stimulation or stimulation study, preparation of preliminary stimulation studies, development of concepts, designs and programs and other well stimulation related activities in line with the company Upstream strategy.
- Plans and delivers all well stimulation programs conducted in the course of the execution of company’s Unconventional exploration and appraisal program.
- Collects, evaluates and analyses well data, select candidate wells, reservoirs for stimulation or stimulation study, prepare preliminary stimulation studies for decision making, work out stimulation conceptions, designs and programs and ensure they are in line with strategy and vision.
- Provides simulation of hydraulic fractures (2D & 3D) to ensure best position to set perforation and help calculating the SRV.
- Provides industry best practice to integrate all relevant subsurface data and develop hydraulic fracture models to select the optimal landing zones for horizontal well and, in collaboration with the stimulation service provider, define the appropriate stimulation program for horizontal (and vertical) well completions.
- Identifies the key design requirements to the stimulation service company; review, evaluate, negotiate and approve stimulation programs and recipes prepared by service companies and ensure they are in line with the company business requirements.
- Participates in tendering processes related to technical work scope preparation, technically evaluation bids in the process of awarding the contract for stimulation studies ensuring they are technically superior and cost effective.
- Monitors stimulation operations at the well site and provides technical consulting to support decision making during execution; provides quality control to the operations and evaluate the operations collating and disseminating the lessons learned.
- Follows up new advancements in worldwide stimulation technology, propose their application as relevant, support the implementation of new technologies, initiate improvements in the Company’s stimulation practices to best knowledge·
- Defines and coordinates lab measurements required to design, execute and control the stimulation technology; cooperate with the Company fluid lab experts·
- Cooperates and consults with the Company’s fluid specialist to harmonize stimulation technology with fluid technology with special attention to preventing, identifying and mitigating formation damage and preventing fluid incompatibilities.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
- Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement:
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability:
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and company Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Regular contacts with Reservoir Engineering, Onshore and Offshore Unit staff members. Occasional contacts with Department/Unit Managers on matters related to Unconventional Hydrocarbon Resources activities.
- Frequent contacts with Managers from Group/SPC companies and ISHs and IOCs on joint studies or exploration projects carried out by these companies.· Occasional contacts with consultants and contractors on projects carried out for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills:
- 6 years of experience, including at least 4 years’ experience in Unconventional domain
- Knowledge in hydraulic fracturing design and execution an advantage.
- Knowledge in Stimulation Engineering software package.
- Communication & Negotiation Skills
- Team Work
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service Skills
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.