Job Id OEJ0000002302
Associate - Financial Planning
in Sharjah / Kurdistan - Iraq United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 09th
JOB TITLE: Associate - Financial Planning & Analysis
- Implements and maintains a structured system for data collection, validation, analysis and reporting. Conducts market analysis including research into Oil & Gas entities accounting/business practices. Reports to the Head of Accounts – Kurdistan Operations.
- Analyzes monthly financial reports, oversees top-level review of general ledgers and the Accounts department GL close process.
- Supports the development of accounting/financial policies and procedures for on-going projects.
- Conducts risk analysis studies in addition to setting up systems to protect from fraud, cost control and compliance supervision.
- Devices monitoring mechanisms for internal control and DOA compliances.
- Keeps track of/monitor various reporting deadlines from accounts for (e.g. reports to partners and to KRG in order to comply with the agreements).
- Assists in market research on fundamental reporting guidelines.
- Assist in companywide sustainability studies
- Creates various presentations for updates at various forums.
- Assist in preparation of Budgets and also cashflows
- Prepares financial modelling and/or financial analytics for management reporting and decision making.
- Handle document archival policy for the company and suggest improvements
- Guide on implementing and mentoring the team on various document archival policies and best practices
Reporting and Communication:
- Reports to the Head of Accounts – Kurdistan Operations on all issues relating to Kurdistan Accounting operations.
- Liaises with external bodies and representatives (e.g. Kurdish regulatory authorities, external auditors, partner company representatives) as required to ensure that any queries are answered in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all the staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position:
- Conducts regular studies on Financial/Accounting best practices and techniques particularly within the Oil & Gas industry. Recommends consequent plans and strategies to achieve the company’s growth objectives.
- Endures development of professional expertise, ideally through achievement of high-level professional qualification or certification.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required:
- Masters’ degree in Finance (MBA) preferably with Accounting qualification (ACCA or equivalent)
Minimum Professional Experience Required:
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience preferably within the Energy Sector
- CA, CPA, MBA or equivalent
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.